About Me

My photo
Braving the unknown. I wonder and I wander.

June 12, 2013

Matnog, Sorsogon (Subic Beach)

While we leave room for  troubles, amazing things are bound to happen. and all those amazing things are blogworthy! :)


Lying at the southernmost tip of the Bicol Peninsula of Luzon Island is the town of Matnog. a third class municipality in the province of Sorsogon. Matnog is one of the busiest seaports in the Philippines, it is the jump off point to the southern Philippines and vice-versa. It serves as ferry terminal to Allen, Northern Samar, on the Maharlika Highway that passes the San Bernardino Strait.

After our awesome feeding and swimming with the fishes at Juag Fish Sanctuary, our boat paved its way to Calintaan Island. the four of us already googled our next stop, the SUBIC Beach of Matnog. so really we already know what's in store for us once we reach the place. the boat ride was all smooth sailing over the blue green sea. after a few minutes, we are already seeing stretch of white sand."just another beach" I reckoned to myself. 



But, as soon as I set my feet on Subic Beach talcum fine pinkish white sand and felt its ticklish sensation underneath my feet,I knew I fell in love with the place. 

One of the many things that amused me about subic beach -- the fine pinkish sand :)




Different kinds of seashells were scattered. the water was clear, turquoise and blue as it goes farther from the shore. few cottages are available for rent, there's a sari'sari store within the area where you can buy food and drinks. Aside from the cottages, you can pitch your tent and you can just look for a perfect spot for your sleeping bed. just make sure you've got mosquito repelant lotion for safety.



As we settled on our rented cottage, I can't help but give praises to the island. serene, laid-back and full of wonder of natures. compared to puting buhangin/kwebang lampas beach which is teeming of sea-urchin, here the the water was inviting, so together with kaloy, wawoy, and ate belle, we took a dip. the water was cold, but we get used to it eventually.

We had the whole day to enjoy, chill and simply relax at Subic Beach. We had a boddle type lunch, which really give my tatse buds an extra kick! the food was just so delish! :)
and ofcourse a cold beer won't hurt ;)

Im not a beach bum, but everytime I visit new beach it always gives me that feeling of excitement, just like a foreplay in every lovemaking session. what's nice about traveling, I developed a unique relationship with every place, you learn new things, you discover new things and yes your lucky if you gain new friends, and in kaloy's case, meeting new pets (dogs!)
 Rasta pips! Braided hair fever.
just proud that Im the one who braid mine and thier hair.:)

There are about 15 dogs in the area. and I was like, woaah!
(seriously, dog sanctuary?hehe)

Killing time in a beautiful like subic was equally amazing, you can explore the area, walk the long stretch pinkish white sand, play with the dogs, watch other tourist and locals having fun while swimming or playing beach volley. for wawoy and ate belle, they opt to sleep. kaloy had a great time with the dogs while I just sit and get awed by the eccentric beauty of this hidden beach.
I saw new cottages are being built in the area, i dont see anything wrong about it. but part of me wishes that may the caretackers/owners leave the place as it is. untouched,raw, few man-mad structures if pwede.

As we bid goodbye to the beach, I told myself that il blog about this, not because the place, the people and the experience was beyond amazingly blogworthy, but i will blog about the place to let other travelers, locals or tourist to experience and be one with this place and to be aware that as travelers, we should be responsible to protect virgin places (be it mountain or beach), let them be wild as it is, be raw at is it, let's not change it, let it change us. Im in high hopes that wonderful places like this should be mantained, okey developed a lil bit  but with minimal man-mad structures as possible.

Im secretly wishing that the solitude within this place remains forever, away from the chaos of upscale constructions and developments..

Subic Big Beach

no entrance fee
cottage - P300
drinks/foods - P200







No comments:

Post a Comment