About Me

My photo
Braving the unknown. I wonder and I wander.

November 3, 2017

Puerto Princesa: My City of Wonders




I have been outspoken that Palawan top my most favourite Island in the Philippines, and Puerto Princesa City is one of my favorite cities (My list includes Naga, Baguio and Legazpi.


Puerto Princesa City boast countless natural wonders, outstanding cleanliness, and is home of amazing and disciplined people.


What I loved most is the tourism industry here is well organized that exploring it's wonder is never a problem. Even first timers will have an easy breezy tour once they set foot in Puerto Princessa.


Few weeks ago, I had my friends joned me in Palawan for our much awaited Elnido escapde. instead of traveling directly to ElNido, We took our extra time in touring Puerto Princessa City. 



Hello Puerto Princessa!

We arrived past lunch and immediately hired tricycle to tour us around. Year 2015 when I first set foot in this city, the first time I saw their tricycle, I find it so cute. Anyway, tricycle here can accommodate up to 4 person's, yet I think the one who will sit beside the driver will get still neck.haha


So to make sure that we will be comfortable touring, we hired two trike, P600/trike.Our first stop? MCDO. Nope not part of the tour.hahaha we just had to take our lunch.
I'm a MCDO lover by the way.haha




Off to Meet the Crocs!

Long winding and dusty road leads to the crocodile farm. About 30mins from the city proper, this is always the first stop during city tour as it's the farthest among the tourist destinations.

Once you enter the premises, souvenir stalls will greet you. usual souvenir goodies like key chains, ref magnet, t-shirts etc. I love the crocodile stuff toys. Cuties!



Entrance fee is P40/pax. The tour is every 30mins interval. Joining a set of tourists, we followed our tour guide to the Hatchling House where baby Crocs are being kept.


Trivia's and good to know informations about crocodiles are posted around.


We had some photo-opt to get a good angle to make sure those Crocs are in frame.


On an elevated ledge, you can have a good view of those enormous crocodiles having a good time doing nothing while their body are submerged in the swamp.


The exit will lead tourist to a photo booth where you can take pictures with live snakes and crocodiles.



Back to the main lobby, we had this lovely photo taken with crocodile skeleton and skin.




Hills with vibrant colors!


Located in Sta.Monica Heights is a piece of paradise owned by the late Senator Ramon Mitra, There is a view deck on top of the hill and it's open to everyone who wants to have a relaxing time - for free!




BAKER'S HILL AHOY!

I am personally excited to visit Baker's Hill. Last time I went here, I was not able to visit the place. Baker's Hill is just a stone throw away from Mitra's Ranch.



This is Palawan's humble version of Disneyland. There's a lot of aww's and wow's from the tourist once you enter the place.

I bet my friends had a hard time choosing where to take their first selfies! Hahaha



I can't even choose what pictures to share here! haha




Can I just upload all our pictures? Haha


The whole Baker's Hill are well landscaped. 
Ohh I love the colors all over! We good around and snap more pictures as we continue to wander the whole place.


 oppss more and more photos here! Sorry! Haha

Getting hungry is not a problem here. There are resto's in the area, tho it's quite pricey.

Before leaving Baker's Hill, it's a must to buy Pasalubongs in their small bakery located near the gate, it actually serves as the exit point for the tourist. Nice Idea!


I love this BorQuoron!

I had some cheese pandesal and borquillos!  My friends grab some Pasalubongs too, which we tasted some when we arrived in El Nido. FromSta.Monica Heights, we headed back to the City proper, and the tricycle halted at BayWalk.

Boulevard of wonderful dreams!



"Just an ordinary bay walk" I thought.

But no! I didn't expect that Palawan's Bay Walk is a catch! The row of the palm trees was just so beautiful! Those peacock arts in the area was just wow! The place was a breath of fresh air!


I had so much fun here, if only we can stay for a night, just one night..


I wonder how this Bay Walk look like during the night? Oh probably, Magical!

Church and Cartel

Few block away from the Bay Walk is the Immaculate Conception Cathedral. during the Spanish Era, it was just a small church. But in 1061, it was reconstructed and was made a cathedral.



Like like many cities in the Philippines, Puerto Princessa also has dark history. Far from the vibrant city of today, it's dark past is evident in a small park located in Barangay Liwanag. (How ironic! Liwanag means light.haha) adjacent to the Cathedral is a place called Plaza Cuartel.



Plaza Cuartel is not your ordinary city park with towering tress and benches. It is the site Palawan Massacre. There is a tunnel were some  American prisoners of war were kept during World War II. On December 14, 1944, the Japanese decided to kill then all by burning them alive. Many were killed  but eleven prisoners were able to survive and escape, the ruins of an old Garrison and tunnels are proof of it's grim past.



After offering prayers and some photo opt at Plaza Cuarter, we head back to the Airport.

T'was a blast Palawan!

I personally include this Palawan (both Puerto and ElNido) trip as one of my most loved travel. Another new adventure awaits us, we are now traveling to    ElNido

Ohhh Lemme share this! Haha

 Sino si "SummerTime"?haha

Before I end this blog, let me say thank you to our Manong Drivers who are so patient and accommodating. They serve not only as our driver and tour guide but also as a story teller and photographer. They are authorized and licensed by the City Tourism office as tour guide.



Manong Jig is the one who drives for Jerald and Brenn, he is so hyper and I find it cool! He owns the tricycle with "summertime" written infront of it, He will make sure that you will have a photo-opt with his beloved tricycle.haha

If you want a driver as cool as them who will tour you around Puerto Princessa, You can contact Manong Jig at 0046.465.789

OTHER THINGS TO DO WHEN IN PUERTO PUERTO

If you have longer days in the city, you can do other Palawan tours. Aside from the city tour, here are other things to do in Palawan. Price is per person.

Underground river tour  P2,200

Honda Bay Island hopping P1,300
Estrella Falls and Crystal Paradise P1,600
Tabon Cave P1,500
Dos Palmas Tour P2,000
Dolphin Watching(half day) P1,100
Firefly Watching P1,100
Swimming with WhaleShark P2,000. Inclusions are: Entrance fees, boat transfer, ottages rentals, Lunch, Air-conditioned can transfer.

These packages has fixed price for Al travel and tours company in the city. Most of these companies offer El Nido tour packages as well.

whoever is reading this, do me a favor, have fun and please please booked a flight! Please tag me along! Hahaha



All the Love,
Yannah


No comments:

Post a Comment